Skip to main content

I still REALLY like you

Why I have no business taking a relationship to the next level (and proof that I have zero clue about women). Having talked about problems and misunderstandings in our relationship with my girlfriend for a large part of the day, our phone conversation was reaching its conclusion.

Girlfriend: I don’t know, you just give me the feeling you don’t really want this relationship. I feel you’re steering me towards the end.

Me: I really don’t understand how I’m giving you that feeling. (followed by me listing a whole bunch of stuff which illustrates my involvement and dedication).

Girlfriend: It’s not in the things you don’t do it’s the feeling you bring across.

Me: But I feel that I really want this relationship to work.

Girlfriend: Could you at least think about it?

Me
: Sure I’ll think about it... But do you mind, I’m going to hang up now I’ve been standing here naked for the last 20 minutes while having this talk and it’s starting to feel a bit silly. Also I just turned on the shower.
 
Girlfriend: What?! ehm, yeah sure. We’ll talk later.

We hang up and I jump under the shower. Standing around under the spray of hot water while my mind wonders back to the talks we had that day. I’m washing myself when an epiphany strikes me. I quickly turn off the shower and dry myself, completely convinced I have found the source of the problem and on a mission to bring instant relief to the loaded conversations we had that day.

While still in my underwear I grab my mobile and call her back.

Girlfriend: Hey, what’s up?

Me: Yeah hey, listen I think I figured out why I’m giving you the feeling I don’t want to be in this relationship anymore. It’s all cool!

Girlfriend: Really? Great! tell me?

Me: Yeah so. Here’s the thing remember when you told me all the way in the beginning that I wasn’t in love with you but it was just infatuation? Well, I think a little while ago that infatuation died down! You know, causing me to look at other women coz I could totally have sex with them, but don’t worry I wouldn’t of course! I think you felt my infatuation go down, but I still really want this relationship, I’m just not infatuated with you anymore. So it’s all cool!

Girlfriend: *stunned silence* .... wtf...

Me: O wait, no no no, I didn’t mean it like thaaaaat. I still REALLY like you!

The miracle that day was that she didn’t dump my sorry ass right there and then...



Popular posts from this blog

GAD and Sexy

So I’ve been thinking about writing a meaningful flashback/review of my vacation in Świnoujście Poland. One of the strangest places, I visited in Poland and then not strange in a good way, but more strange in a somewhat boring-jaw-dropping-creepy way. I decided I would try to be all nice and objective and writer like, make sense in what would be my traveler voice (never mind that I would totally love to be a traveler and a man of the world but I’m so not). But then I thought since we’re all sharing our social lives on “the internet” and some people can barely fart without tweeting about it, I might as well throw it all overboard and just write in my own voice, be completely honest, really just confess to the world how completely disturbed I am. Come to think of it, I’d really only confess to people that have an interested in what’s going on in my head or life so I figure about one or two people will make it to the end of what I’m writing now.
Since this post was going to be about my…

Failed gamer review of Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

My review as a failed gamer of Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (isn't that two words?!).
Started up the game with a pounding heart. Entered the first area, darkroom flashlight lit only. Ambiance: grany died a horrific death by a rabie infested shih-tzu many moons ago, the kids never helped her with the household.

Making a 360 in the room had my heart pounding...

After 5 minutes I sprinted to the exit, clicked the action button to open the door and ran back. The door only opened a crack. Gave myself a pep talk and with one eye closed ran against the half open door into the hallway, crapped my pants and switched of the computer.

Ambiance: 10/10
Graphics: 10/10
Play-ability: 0/10
Story: Way to freaking scary 😨

http://residentevil7.com/

Pass it forward. Yes I'm giving something away

Okay I have the ability to give away something that could make someones dream come true. The only thing I would really like is to give it to someone whom normally would have hardly any chance to get to do something like this. So what is it?

It's a free fall parachute jump! You know sky diving, parachute jumping etc.

So what do you need to know?


It's in The NetherlandsThere is absolutely no fine print, really a gift I'd love it if you can send me an image after having jumped so I can brag in your name on this blog. But if you don't want that, no problem.It's absolutely necessary that it will be an unforgettable experience for you ;-) From the time of this post I'll wait 2 weeks until I make a choice. Apply which ever way you want, by comment below or email me, which ever you prefer.   I'm doing this in the name of a memory that's important to me so not to promote my blog or anything. The memory is way too personal so I'm not going to share *neaner nea…